Monday, 5 November 2012

Arlene Webb is visiting Erotic Notions




My name’s Arlene Webb and I’m promoting my newest release, Harey. A historical romance novel, M/F/M.

Tell us about yourself. Where were you born? Where do you live now?
Born in upstate NY, I escaped for my twenties to the desert of Arizona and then returned a decade later to where I started to run a chain of family owned florist shops. Presently, we’re down to one store and I hop every moment I can into more interesting worlds.

How long have you been writing? What inspired you to write?
 Poetry as a child, essays on how to kill your gym teacher in ten easy steps in high school, creative writing in college, and then, yippee, work got so boring I started filling notebooks. My son said, geez, mom, I can’t even read the first line of this scrawl, and he guided me into the digital age.

Was there a moment when you first thought "I'm a writer."?
Yep, my first signed contract. There’s nothing like knowing a publisher is deluded and thinks you’re a real author.

What genre do you write in? List names of published books.
Science-fiction, paranormal, suspense, historical, contemporary, undefinable, with either a splash or tidal wave of romance.
Currently I have four releases with Decadent Publishing, and another releasing next year. A novel and a novella with MuseitUp, and four novels (series) out as inde, and a young adult sci-fi just released.

What is your latest book about?  A historical ménage that began in 612 AD. Harey is the honest to God (I’m lying) true story of the man behind the myth of the Easter bunny. It contains violent, and what I found to be shocking, historical fact (I’m not lying) and shows that love can triumph over sacrifice, betrayal, religion and allegiance.


What is your favourite moment in the story (one that doesn’t give away any secrets) There’s a lot of them, but here’s one.
The scene where Harey dares to face the man he loves, expecting to have his neck snapped because he thought himself to be no longer fit for a pagan goddess, and his true love laughs his ass off, overwhelmed at just how innocent a lad can be.

Have any of your characters ever been based on people you knew from real life?
No. But real life is so awesome sometimes, you just have to write about it.

When you aren't writing, what are some of your hobbies and interests?
Reading, watching series like Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Dexter, Trueblood etc. and, sigh, taking care of the house. This summer I finally managed to paint the living room and by this posting the kitchen had damn well better be done.

Tell us something your readers don’t know about you.
Er…that I’m a dreb. That’s because most of my readers don’t know what a dreb is. Neither do I.
If you could meet an author (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
Oh wow. There are so many I’d love to meet. Bill Waterson (Calvin and Hobbes) would be a thrill.

Where do you write? Office, kitchen table, computer, laptop? Where would the perfect location be for you?
Desk at work and home. Perfect location—anywhere there isn’t customers (I run a florist shop) pestering me.

Short question time.
Chocolate ice cream or chocolate gelato? Ice cream, but I’d grab vanilla first.
Baseball or hockey? Neither.
Hot red finger nail polish or bare nails? Bare nails. Manual labor and yep, I do chew my nails.
Spaghetti or steak? Spaghetti. Havent eaten cow in decades.
Laying on a beach or skiing down a mountain? Both, please.
White roses or red roses? Oh God, neither. I run a flower shop.
Last one – tell us 1 thing about you that’s fun.  Er…I love puppies?



Blurb –
Gwas can outrun a horse, knows how to hide and steal, but is ignorant of the ways of men. The last thing he expects when he is rescued from a miserable existence by a blue-eyed, blond haired angel is to be promised as a Druidic sacrifice to Eostre. Unfortunately, the only direction Gwas wishes to flee is straight into the arms and knife of his savior, Gareth.
Maura knows Gareth is no angel, but she adores him with a passion that time and loneliness cannot dent. When he rides in carrying an injured lad who fears her on sight, she is drawn to open her heart to the abused orphan as well.
Gareth is caught between his liege lord and brother’s fist, and an emotional dilemma that grows harder and harder to deny with every passing season. If he must defy man and gods in order to embrace his heart’s desires, so be it.
When the clash of old and new religions puts lives in peril, ultimate sacrifice bears witness to enduring love. Winter gives way to spring, and the evolution of a colorful myth spreads across the land.
Excerpt:
I am no angel. Gareth’s shoulders slammed into the ground. A heavy body covered him, and the adrenalin jolting through him made him feel like a powerful animal. But I am in heaven. He tugged his arms free, wrapped them around Harey and grasped the back of Harey’s head. And I do not care if adulterous sodomites go to hell. He jerked him upward and took his lips.
No time for tender exploration. He had to show Harey who he belonged to, and it was not some bloodthirsty deity, or the daughter of a mass murderer. What if Aethelfrith, the devil who had ordered one thousand, one hundred and sixty-five men killed so they could not pray against him, had still lived? Harey would have walked into his knife with a smile, a pet hare, and promises of painted eggs.
I will not let this man leave me again. Never. Not ever. He’s mine. Gareth fought back his moan and deepened his kiss. Harey tasted so good, fresh and sweet like Maura, but firm and bony where she was all curvy softness. He intensified the pressure, relishing the feel of the lips he had desired for so long, and Harey yielded. Gareth rammed his tongue in, danced around, and then back out to repeat. He had never held a body to mirror his own like this, captive over him, and the sheer joy of not being gentle saturated him.

Thank you, so much, for hosting me! I’d love to pick someone at random to send an e-copy of Harey. Please include your email within the comment, and tell me what you think about historical romances, ménages, Easter bunnies, anything you’d like.





15 comments:

  1. Interesting. I love the story behind it all. I'll sure to check out Harey when I pass by my local bookstore. Thanks for giving us a heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fro stopping by and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
    2. Harey is out as an e-book. I do hope you consider checking it out at my awesome publisher (Decadent Publishing) or on Amazon. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Fun interview - I always like reading about an author's process and what an author likes to read when they're not writing. Thanks for the information on "Harry" - it sounds like an interesting book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
    2. My Erotic Notions is such a fun site. I'm so happy they hosted me. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Great excerpt. Love the writing and the cover of this. Congrats on the book and thanks for sharing this bit of you with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful interview, you two. I wish you all the best for your book, Arlene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the book. Fun interview.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting read, and I like puppies too. :) Congrats on your release. Wishing you a lot of success with it.

    ReplyDelete