Sunday, 2 December 2012

Blood Bound on Erotic Notions

If you are here for the Hot Winter Nights Blog Hop - please go to archive on right side. My blog is refusing to put both up.

Áine P Massie – Blood Bound


Hey, Daryl! Thanks for inviting me over for some tea and a few questions. I just hope I don’t bore your readers too badly. ;)

Tell us 6 things about yourself.

  1. I have six children, ages from 4 to 16 years old.
  2. My minor in college was Deaf Studies. I love both the ASL language and the culture of the Deaf. In fact, that love inspired one of the characters in Blood Bound.
  3. I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and walk with forearm crutches.
  4. I love to read, especially paranormal / urban fantasy, m/m, and epic fantasy.
  5. Even though I was born and raised in the south, I spent so much time with my maternal grandfather (born and raised in Canada) that I still spell things ‘colour’ ‘honour’ ‘centre’ – ergo why my books are not written in American English, lol.
  6. There are few things I miss from ‘home’ but iced sweet tea is the nectar of the gods, IMHO. Sadly, you can’t get descent sweet tea in the north. L

Was there a moment when you first thought "I'm a writer"?

Believe it or not, when I got my first partial critique from a friend of mine. She’s an English Lit major, so her words really hit home. Though, being an author didn’t really hit me until I held the first proof copy of Blood’s Voice in my hot little hands.

What genre(s) do you write in?

So far, I write New Adult, Paranormal Romance. I have other loves but that is what lives in my head for now. Maybe in time I will branch out, but I’m more likely to pick other PNR creatures, truth be told.

How many books have you written? List names of published books?

I have two (2) published – Blood’s Voice and Blood Bound – and two (2) that I’m working on – Glamour Blade and ‘unnamed’ – plus the idea for book 5 in the House Millar series.

What is your latest book about?

Blood Bound is the continuation of Anya, Nicholas, and Declán’s story. They have become not just a family but Anya is the leader of a small vampire House, dedicated to those that respect humans. More of her past is revealed as new monsters threaten their House / family. Relationships are threatened and some are changed, but one thing the holds true no matter what is their love.

You get to see Anya grow into her role, Declán settle into training while juggling family and school, and Nicholas . . . well . . . I think he finally shows a lot of his hidden pain that you only see hints of in Blood’s Voice.

What is your favourite moment in the story (one that doesn’t give away any secrets).

I would have to pick the Anam Amháin ceremony. (Yes, that’s Irish, lol.) It’s totally non-traditional for the humans and the vampires but means to much too all involved and has long term effects that won’t be revealed until Glamour Blade.

Plotter or a pantster?  Why does this work best for you?

A little of both. I have a loose outline but mainly go where the characters dictate; it’s their story after all. I tried the whole plotting thing; they didn’t like me trying to force them to follow it so I gave up.

Have any of your characters ever been based on people you knew from real life?

A little of yes and a bit of no. None of them are heavily based on people I know but each of my focus characters carry a few traits from friends or family that helped inspire the characters.

Personally I have trouble coming up with book titles, is this easy for you? How do you do it?

Hmm . . . For The first two books of the House Millar series I had the names before I had even a 1/3 of Blood’s Voice completed. The next two, which I am busy working on – I promise – gave me fits on the names.

Short question time.
Chocolate ice cream or chocolate gelato?

Chocolate ice cream. Believe it or not, I’ve never had gelato.

Baseball or hockey?

When I was a kid I played baseball and went to many minor league games. Sadly, I was never overly exposed to hockey but, before you assume me deranged, I love watching it now. Much hotter men on ice!



Hot red finger nail polish or bare nails?

Um, neither. I prefer either something clean and simple, like French manicure, or creative but soft colours. Bare is boring and red is too in-your-face, lol.

Spaghetti or steak?

This is a super easy one . . . Spaghetti as I can’t eat meat L Medical necessitates a meatless existence, lol. But hey, noodles are nummy ;)

Laying on a beach or skiing down a mountain?

Skiing, totally. I have major issues with extreme heat and with burning in the sun – sun poisoning is NOT fun. I love snow and wish I had learned to snow board.

White roses or red roses?

Lavender or silver are my favourites! So pretty.

Any last comments – ideas.

Thank you for having me over at Erotic Notions! I love your site (and your books ;) ).

Áine



Title: Blood Bound

Author: Áine P Massie

Publisher: Geas Publishing

Series: House Millar, #2

Genre: New Adult, Paranormal, Romance

Length: Novel



How many ways can a hearts true love be shared? After poisoning, near death attacks, consummated passions, and possible insanity visit Anya, Nicholas, and Declán they embark on their future. Or at least they try to. Jealousy can be a pain, in more ways than one.

Can Anya protect her lovers, find peace within herself, and lead the House Millar? With her loves and guards, Nicholas and Declán, she sets out to do just that. If only life, eternal life, were that easy.

Come take a walk with our loving family and witness the strange turns and twists as life, love, and passions collide with greed, politics, and evil..

Buy Links




Purchase eBook: Geas Publishing | Amazon | ARe | Barnes & Noble | iStore  

Purchase Print: Geas Publishing | Amazon

Signatures: Kindlegraph or Bookplate



Praise for Blood Bound



“Áine gave me even more reasons than ever to love her strong and charismatic cast of characters. Each stepped up their game in the newest book. I will be looking forward to the next installment of House Millar, which I understand will not be from Anya’s point of view. Sounds interesting. If you love a good vampire story…Blood’s Voice and Blood Bound are great choices.” — Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead



“I love the way she made all of the characters work together in one way or the other. Anya shows lots of important vampires that she is NOT one to mess with. She claims her position as Mistress in more ways than one and she does so very well. I especially liked the “letter” at the end! Definitely got me ready for book three!” — Christina  @ Intoxicated by Books



“Although it’s a book about vampires, there are some surprisingly well thought out themes that play throughout the book. I loved the way Anya’s personality has grown and she’s really progressed as a character since book 1. Some of my favorite scenes were the tender moments between Anya and Nicholas and the love story that really builds inthis book.” — Vanessa @ Boekie’s Book Reviews



“I can assure you….. this book is like the first one. A wonderfull read. Easy to get into and easy to follow book. You get to meet some new characters, but also the characters I loved from book one are back. … Awesome book!!!” — Kyanara @ Kyanara’s Mad Reviews



“This time around, I was pulled right into the story. This book starts right where the last one ended. I enjoyed reading more about Anya’s back-story and got to know some more characters and their back stories. Anya is head of her own house now and she seems to be collecting more eclectic members this time around. I recommend this book for paranormal romance fans for its sensual scenes and titillating drama.” — Heather @ Earth’s Book Nook


About the Author

 


Áine P Massie is originally from Florida, she now lives in Wisconsin where she works on her House Millar series full time while raising four children (the term herding cats comes to mind). Her major in College was Childhood Education (specialization in ages zero to five) with a minor study in Deaf Culture/ASL. She is also a Wiccan priestess dedicated to the gods, family, and love.
A lifelong reader, Áine has always had a particular fascination with vampires, mythology, and the unusual. When she can escape from her children and books, she enjoys . . . oh yes, reading, playing, ritual, a good cappuccino, and working with her healing stones.
Her first published work came in high school where she was part of a writing and drama group. But, she’s been reading the likes of Shakespeare and Poe since late elementary school and enjoys most forms of fiction. Blood’s Voice has been a long time in coming and with its publication (June 2011) Áine embarked on a new chapter in her life.

Where to find her.




10 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me by, Daryl! Love your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. Anya, I loved learning more about you. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ella and supporting a fellow author.

      Delete
  3. Loved this interview, you two. It's nice to meet you, Anya. Your books sound like a lot of fun. Good luck with all you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by, I'm guessing you're super busy at the moment.

      Delete
  4. Great interview...these look like great reads!
    ivegotmail8889(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting interview and the book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant books. I really need an editor attached to my hip

      Delete
  6. Nice interview. I like that vampires are immortal.

    ReplyDelete